Dr. Prasad – Correspondent – CIT
Dr. SRK. Prasad was born in Chennai, India in 1951. He holds a Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) with distinction in Chemical Engineering from Madras University. He obtained his Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Research also from Madras University and pursued his Master of Science (MSc) in Advanced Chemical Engineering from Imperial College, London.
He was awarded Doctor of Science degree (DSc) from City University Los Angeles, USA in Operations Research. He also holds a Diploma in Textile Management awarded by SITRA (Southern India Textile Research Association), Coimbatore.
Dr. Prasad is the Correspondent of Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT), Managing Trustee of V.Rangaswamy Naidu Educational trust, Chairman Governing Council of CIT. He is also Managing Director of Krishna Industrial Corporation Ltd a company with annual sales of 400 Million rupees engaged in the manufacture of Chemicals, Fertilisers and Bio Fertilisers. Dr. Prasad is also Managing Director of Kasbah Systems Software, a I.T Company based in Chennai/Coimbatore, which has produced world class products and services both for the domestic market and exports in the field of CAD/CAM/CAE, ERP, Optimisation, Client/Server & Web technologies.
Dr. Prasad has a wealth of industrial experience in Textiles, Information Technology, Chemical, Fertilizers and Bio-Technology. Dr. Prasad was appointed as Alumni representative of Imperial College in India for Coimbatore, 1999.
Dr. Prasad is Associate Editor & Paper Referee Of Asia Pacific Journal of Operational Research, published from Singapore. He was the National President of Operations Research Society of India, 1990. He has published number of research papers in Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation in leading International Journals.
Achievements as Entrepreneur
Dr. Prasad started and built very high technology IT Company in 1988 involved in high-end product development. Kasbah Systems Software began developing the Optimal Feed mix program for the Poultry industry, and this software package is widely being used by the Poultry industry in India, resulting in huge savings for the various poultry farms in the country. The software company has recently released the SHINE Point of Sale system and the complete retail solution being marketed in Europe, Middle East and India.
The IT Company has also developed GENIUS University Management System which involves complete automation of a college or university process. This system is being effectively marketed in Malaysia. Kasbah Systems Software is the one of the prime offshore contractors for CCH Inc, U.S.A, a US 6 billion dollar company. The Document Management System (ProSystem fx Document) developed by the IT Company (100% offshore in India), won CCH the CODIE award 2008, the most Prestigious award for Software in U.S.A. The CODIE award is for the software industry what the OSCAR award is for films.
Dr. Prasad is also currently Managing Director of Krishna Industrial Corporation Ltd at 50 Crore enterprise involved in the manufacturing of Single Super Phosphate, Carbon dioxide gas, Chemicals and Bio-Fertilizers. He plans to take this company to 100 Crores in the next three years. He has widely employed process plant optimization methods to improve the efficiency and working of all units of the company. This is the first Indian company to win the Prestigious Gold Medal award for Excellence in Business Practice given by foundation for Excellence in Business Practice, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, September 2007.
He is also a Director of the Jeypore sugar Company Limited, headquartered in Chennai, 500 Crore enterprise involved in the manufacture of Sugar, Alcohol, Ethanol and Power generation.
Dr Prasad is the recipient of many awards for his outstanding services, achievements and contributions, to include
• Indira Priyadarshini Award.
• Vijay Rattna Award.
• Hindu Gaurav Award.
• Rashtriya Gaurav Award.
• Vikas Jyoti Gold Medal And Award.
• Best Citizen Of India.
• Indian Achievers Award.
Dr.Prasad was awarded the International Socrates Award for ‘Manager of the Year’ by the Europe Business Assembly (EBA), Oxford , U.K. on 12 December 2011.
Dr.Prasad was awarded HIND RATTAN AWARD by CITIZENS INTEGRATION PEACE SOCIETY for excellence in promoting Global Integration & Economic Development at the International Conference on Celebrating the Global Indian, at Mauritius, May 2012.
International Socrates Committee has granted the title “The Name in Science”, to Dr.Prasad, at the meeting of the Rectors of Europe at Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland, UK, during July 2012, an International Award in the field of Scientific Researches. Name of Dr.Prasad has been recorded in the world register of outstanding scientists of the 21st century with awarding a medal of fame “For contribution to world science”.
Membership of Professional Bodies
• Fellow Member of Operational Research Society of India.
• Has the distinction of being the only one in Tamil Nadu, one of the four in South India and one among the elite seventeen in the entire country.
• Fellow Member of Chartered Computer Professionals of India.
• Member of New York Academy of Sciences, U.S.A.
Academic Board Memberships
• Chairman Board of Governors National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Chennai.
• NATIONAL BOARD OF ACCREDITATION – (An Autonomous Body of All India Council for Technical Education) – Member to the Committee for facilitating India to be a full member of Washington Accord.
• Ex-Member of Board of Governors IIT, Bombay
• Ex-Member of Board National Institute of Technology, Warangal (NIT)
• Ex-Member of Board of Governors Indian Institute of Management, Kozikode.
• Operations Research – An important tool in managerial decision making, INFORM, June 1978. Vol 2, No 12.
• Cotton Yarn sales forecast in a spinning mill, The Indian Textile Journal, November 1978.
• Computer simulation technique in a spinning mill, The Indian Textile journal, October 1980.
• Two phase stochastic model for a fluidized bed reactor – 33 rd Annual session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, New Delhi 1980.
• Probabilistic models for packed beds – 33rd Annual session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, New Delhi, 1980.
• Scheduling of production in a seasonal sales industry, Proc.I.S.T.A.M (Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics), India, December 1980.
• Three phase stochastic model for a fluidized bed reactor, CHISA 81, Praha, Czechoslovakia, September, 1981.
• A mathematical model for the resident time distribution studies in fluid-solid systems – 2nd World Congress of Chemical Engineers, Montreal, Canada, October 1981.
• Markov chain model for residence time distribution studies in fluid-solid systems,
• Proc. symposium series, 10 th congress on stochastic processes and their applications, Montreal, Canada , August 1981.
• Probabilistic mixing cell model-PACHEC’83, Seoul, S.Korea, 1983.
• Residence time distribution studies in fluid- solid systems using Markov Chain analysis, 35th Annual Session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, Waltair, January 1983.
• Software package for optimal utilization of scrap in a foundry – National seminar on development of micro-computers in India, Madras,India , October 1983.
• Microprocessor based multi-processing techniques – National seminar on Development of micro-computers in India, Madras, India, October 1983.
• Optimal cotton mix in a spinning mill, 16 th Annual Convention of ORSI, I.I.T. Kanpur, December 1983.
• Budgeting in a textile industry with cash constraints, I.F.O.R.S., Washington, D.C., August 1984.
• Stochastic modelling of fluidized bed reactors and packed beds, 14 th Conference on stochastic processes and their applications, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 1984.
• Investment allocation in a textile mill – A goal programming model, 3 rd Latin-Ibero American Congress on Operations Research and Systems Engineering, Chile, August, 1986.
• Chaired the session on ‘Project Management’ at EURO X, the X th European Conference on Operational Research, Beograd, Yugoslavia, June, 1989.
• Project Management on Micro-Computers, S R K Prasad, R Prabhakar, G Subramanian, EURO X, Yugoslavia, June 1990.
• OR and Rule-based Expert Systems, S R K Prasad, R Prabhakar, OR and the Social Sciences, edited by M C Jackson, et-al, Plenum Publishing Corporation U S A, 1989.
• Operations Research, Artificial Intelligence and Micros – Paper presented at AITA ’91, the Ist National Conference on Artificial Intelligence Technology and Applications, University of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 1991.
• OR and Expert Systems Integration – A conceptual framework, S R K Prasad, R Prabhakar – Paper presented at AITA 91, Kualalumpur, Malaysia August 1991.
• Case Studies in Metal Cutting Optimization – I.F.O.R.S. (SPC – 4) on Operations Research and Engineering Designing in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., on October 24 – 27, 1995
• Honorary Advisor for publication of ‘Encyclopedia of Operations Research’ to be published by Kluwer Academic Publishers, U S A, under the Editorship of Professors Gass and Harris.
• Cluster Chairman for TIMS XXXIII International for the Meeting held in Singapore in July 1995.
Professor V.Selladurai, Principal, CIT
Professor V.Selladurai, Principal, CIT, obtained his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering in 1994 from Bharathiar University (PSG Tech), Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Industrial Engineering Specialization) in 1982 from Madras University (PSG Tech), Bachelor’s Degree in Production Engineering in 1980 from Madras University (PSG Tech).
Following his academic qualification, he holds 2 years of work experience as Systems / Industrial Engineer. Holding a strong academic and industrial exposure, Professor Selladurai moved to academics, where he holds 25 years of teaching, research and administrative experience working at different levels in CIT. He holds his specializations in Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Optimization Techniques, Industrial and Production Engineering.
Working as an academician, Professor, He has contributed vividly both to industry and academia. His contribution includes 210 national journals, international journals and conference level publications; this is with providing individual guidance to more than 30 Ph.D. research scholars. He had chaired, organized and conducted numerous workshops, seminars and conferences.
His developmental work includes obtaining grant from funding bodies alike; AICTE, UGC and DST research projects and delivered new laboratories in different disciplines. He is currently the Principal of Coimbatore Institute of Technology & CIT Sandwich Polytechnic College, Chairman, Faculty of Automation and Robotics, Anna University, Coimbatore and Chairman, Institution of Engineers (India), Coimbatore Local Center.
• B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering), IIT Madras,1969
• M.S (Mechanical Engineering) , Okalahoma State University, USA,1970
• Ph.D,Purdue University,USA,1975
Details of Experience:
• Research Engineer at G.M Research Lab, from Jan 1973 to Dec 1973
• Principal at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore from 1976 to 2007
• Consultant at Kasbah System since 1986
Other academic activities:
• Was a Member and Coordinator of several commissions of AICTE, Anna University and Bharathiyar
• Chairman, Board of Studies of Computer Science And Engineering at Bharathiar University
• Chairman, Govering Council of CIT
• Member of Academic Council of Anna University, Chennai
• Syndicate Member of Anna University, Chennai
• Member of Board of Studies, Anna University, Chennai
• Secretary of Tamilnadu Part Time B.E/B.Tech Degree course Entrance Examinations
• Organized and chaired several International and National conferences at CIT
• Received grants from AICTE & MHRD for modernization of computer laboratories
Dr.R.Prabhakar had received grants from AICTE & MHRD for modernization of computer laboratories
Areas of Interest / Research:
• Control Systems
Dr. S.Shanmugam is a faculty of Civil Engineering, working as Associate Professor at Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India since 1990. He lectures Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Town Planning and Architecture, Corrosion of Concrete Structures. He is also guiding research scholars for their doctoral programmes and various projects for under graduate and post graduate students. His research areas are Corrosion in concrete structures, Durability studies on structures and Highway Engineering.
He has served as Assistant Engineer in Tamilnadu Highways Department and Public Works Department before started his career in CIT.
He is responsible for the well established Highway Engineering Laboratory in CIT, and then the same was included in Civil Engineering curriculum. He is in-charge of Highway Engineering laboratory and conducting consultancy works on testing of materials for Highways, Railways, Air Force and Airport authorities for government and other private organizations.
He has received research grant from AICTE for Rs.10 Lakhs for the project on ‘Investigation on Prediction of Residual Service Life and Rehabilitation Techniques for RC Structures subjected to Rebar Corrosion’.
HE organized a National workshop on ‘Corrosion of Steel Rebars in RC Structures’ in 2005. He delivered Guest Lectures in Government and Private Institutions and Organizations and Chaired sessions in International and National Conferences.
He obtained his Bachelor’s degree from Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore under Madras University in 1984 and did Masters in Town and Country Planning in Anna University, Chennai in 1988. He did his Ph.D. on ‘Corrosion Liability of Protected RC Beams’ in 2004.
He has published papers in International and National Conferences. He is the Life Member of professional Bodies like Institution of Engineers (India), Indian Society for Technical Education, Indian Concrete Institute Association of Structural Rehabilitation , Institute of Town Planners , India and Indian Water Resources Society.